1. East Gate Kids (EGK) is an equal opportunity provider. Children are accepted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin or sex.
2. EGK is open from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday on a year round schedule except for the following holidays:
· New Year’s Day
· Presidents’ Day
· Good Friday
· Memorial Day
· Independence Day
· Labor Day
· Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after
· Christmas Eve
· Christmas Day.
There is no tuition credit for holidays. East Gate Kids follows the APS weather schedule. If there is a 2-hour delay, East Gate Kids will open at 8:30 am. If APS closes for the day, East gate Kids will be closed also. In the event that APS is not in session, East Gate Kids will modify its schedule at its discretion. Please follow KOB channel 4 or KOB.com for closure listings under East Gate Kids.
3 All tuition payments are due by the 1ST of each month with a ten-day grace period unless other arrangements have been.
A $5.00 a day late fee will be assessed to tuition not paid by the 10th of the month. The child will not be accepted if tuition is not paid by the 10th of the month.
$11.00 Hourly Drop-In tuition is due on the day of the drop in.
Any exceptions to this policy will have to be evaluated by EGK’s Director.
Returned check fee charges of $20.00 will be the responsibility of the parent and will be added to the monthly bill. EGK will include the costs of collection through an attorney to the amount of any delinquent account. Families should anticipate an annual rate increase.
4 Parents are to leave their child in the care of an East Gate Kids employee. For the safety of the children, parents are to pick up and drop off their children in the classroom. Each child is to be signed in and out on the lobby computer as well as in the classroom. If you have more than one child, they must stay with you while you pick up your other children. They may not run around the building unattended. Children will not be released to any relative or friend who is a minor.
5 EGK provides breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack. Infant cereal and jar food are supplied by East Gate Kids, as well as Member’s Mark Infant formula. In the event that your child uses a different product than we provide, we ask that you bring in your child’s brand of formula.
6. Each child shall have a change of clothing. Each clothing article provided for your child should be clearly labeled.
7. Children are not to attend EGK if they have vomiting, diarrhea, fever, chicken pox, or other communicable conditions. A child is to be picked up by the parent if they develop symptoms during the day, which are assumed contagious or need medical attention. EGK will need a written release from a physician if the child develops certain diseases, which are monitored by the New Mexico Department of Health. A list of these diseases is posted on the parent board. Children may return to EGK after they have been fever free for 24 hours without the aid of fever reducers, have been on antibiotics for 24 hours or with a doctor’s note stating it is safe for the child to return to the center.
8. No reduction of tuition will be granted to vacation, illness or holidays. If a child withdraws for a period of time, readmission will be accepted on a space availability basis after payment of all required fees.
9. EGK may withdraw a child immediately whose condition or behavior interferes with the appropriate operation of EGK.
10. EGK may withdraw a family immediately if an adult’s behavior is seen as abrasive or confrontational and/or inappropriate in a child-centered environment